Naim Audio NSC 222 Streaming Preamplifier
|Availability:||Out of stock|
Email Or Call To Order
The NSC 222 is a feature-packed streaming pre-amplifier that keeps things simple without compromising on musical quality. Precision engineered and designed in the UK, this new design features a world of music and radio streaming, alongside vinyl and headphone support - plus a full-spec analogue preamplifier. Partner with the new NAP 250 power amplifier for the ultimate ‘just add speakers’ pairing.
• Statement volume control architecture using reed relays. Premium sound quality of fixed resistor volume control, providing precise channel balance. This miniaturised version of the Statement volume control uses super smooth fly-by-wire optical encoder with precision ball raced bearing.
• Reed relay input switching
• Single ended discrete transistor class A input buffers and filter circuits; using hand soldered polystyrene capacitors.
• Built in high quality MM phono stage
• 5.5 inch colour display
• Configurable inputs: Input sensitivity pre-set, naming, AV bypass mode and unused input disabling.
• Uses Naim’s latest NP800 streaming card with LVDS balanced digital signals for low noise. Stream internet radio stations, music from Spotify Connect, Apple Music, Tidal (and Tidal Connect), Qobuz, AirPlay 2, Chromecast, UPnP servers, USB attached storage and Roon ready.
• aptX Adaptive Bluetooth
• App control continuity from Mu-so through to Classic range.
• Multi-room capability with other Naim streaming products (right up to Classic range and 500 Series).
• ZigBee RF bi-directional remote control, line of sight not needed, volume changes reflected on the remote.
• Dual optical 3.5mm inter-product communications for synchronised standby and lighting, compatible with the new NAP250 power amplifier.
• Twin fixed frequency (44.1kHz and 48kHz based sample rates) master clocks for ultra low jitter. Runs in clock master mode for streaming services.
• DSP RAM buffer for SP/DIF inputs, eliminates jitter caused by SP/DIF modulation (4x SP/DIF inputs).
• Naim’s proprietary DSP 705.6kHz/768kHz integer oversampling filter.
• PCM1791A DAC (running in external filter mode) followed by discrete transistor class A op-amps and filters. Custom polystyrene ultralow dielectric absorption Post DAC filter components.
• PSU upgrade with NPX 300 via two Burndy cables (one digital and one analogue).
• 0.5W standby power
Using two internal power supplies; one is a high quality audiophile linear type, based on a large toroidal transformer. The other is a highly efficient SMPSU
for 0.5W power consumption in standby during standby mode.
• Galvanic isolation of control and audio circuits.